On the other side...

This is the story of my times and trials while living and teaching "on the other side" of the world: Taipei City, Taiwan. "True Life: The blog of an ESL teacher. You think you know but you have no idea."

Saturday, March 24, 2007

beautiful afternoon


The last few days we have had gorgeous weather. At last! In the past several weeks there has been pretty much nothing but rain, so a bit of sun (albeit dulled by clouds/ pollution) has been more than welcome!
As I write this I am at school on Saturday. boo! Because of an extra day of vacation that the school is giving us for an upcoming holiday, the entire staff and student body has to come in for classes as usual today. Unfortunately it is a repeated Friday schedule, which is one of my busiest afternoons. Being forced into work on Saturday as if it is business as usual feels completely unjust. Bad news: there are 3 other Saturdays this semester I'll be working, 2 of which will be a part of mandatory weekend English camps. That's a 12 day week, twice, before the end of June! I realize that I should stop complaining when other Taiwanese people I know work 8am-11pm Monday-Friday. Compared with this I think I have it pretty easy!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking beautiful as always kathleen :) glad the weather is gettin nice for ya..enjoy! miss you, meg

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Saturday thing can be quite a grind. Just remember to keep finding little things to make yourself smile. I know you'll make it through.

3:41 AM  
Blogger Daniel feldman said...

dont forget about us suckers who work for hess

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we don't work on saturdays here in new york city ... wanna come join me?
i miss you very much and can't wait for a philly (cheese steak) reunion when you come home... whenever that is!

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home